(Temporomandibular Joint Disorder)
Chiropractic treatment of TMJD can alleviate symptoms by correcting misalignments in the spine and re-positioning the jaw.
Chiropractic treatment of TMJD can alleviate symptoms by correcting misalignments in the spine and re-positioning the jaw. Therapeutic exercises and improving posture also help to improve tracking and movement.
TMJD (Temporomandibular Joint Dysfunction) is a collective term for a broad range of disorders displaying a variety of signs including:
- Radiating pain in the face, neck, or shoulders
- Limited movement or locking of the jaw
- Painful clicking or grating when opening or closing the mouth
- Significant change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together
- Symptoms can also include headaches, earaches, dizziness, hearing problems, and difficulty swallowing
The Journal of Oral Rehabilitation recommends examination of the cervical spine in TMJD patients, even without cervical complaints. These findings are supported by the Journal of Cranio and Clinical Oral Investigation as well. At Restoration Health, we are trained to examine your neck and jaw to determine the best course of co-managed care with your oral health physician.
With proper care and treatment of spinal disorders, TMJD patients can achieve pain relief and correction. Treatments at Restoration Health enable the body to respond to dental changes so that care received from your oral health physician has greater and lasting results.
Stop living with the discomfort of TMJD. Make an appointment today.